Local Action & Parades
“Action is the antidote to despair,” said Joan Baez. Our local party has a long tradition of voicing our opposition to injustice, corruption and intolerance. In our darkest moments, when all seems lost, we still have the First Amendment.
As part of the Democratic Party's continuing commitment to community service, we are establishing Democratic Party Volunteer Days at the Crystal Lake Food Pantry. Volunteer opportunities include: client greeter, food sorter/inspector, client exit door volunteer, general maintenance and cleaning.
Please consider signing up for a 2 1/2 hour shift 9:30 am to 12:00 pm on the second Saturday of the month.
- Click on the RSVP button to let us know you're going to volunteer
- Go to www.clfoodpantry.org
- Scroll down and click on the Volunteer box
- Locate the Volunteer Handbook and familiarize yourself with the operation of the Pantry
- Click on SignUp.com to confirm your volunteer date
- When you arrive at the Pantry, check in with the Team Leader
If you have any questions, contact John Labaj at 815-356-8952. Remember, the needs are great, but the rewards are greater.