Local Action & Parades
“Action is the antidote to despair,” said Joan Baez. Our local party has a long tradition of voicing our opposition to injustice, corruption and intolerance. In our darkest moments, when all seems lost, we still have the First Amendment.
Please Note: Volunteers still needed!
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Crystal Lake Food Pantry has implemented social distancing practices. Volunteers are needed to fill boxes for our neighbors in need - and volunteers will not have direct contact with those picking up the pre-filled boxes.
Home bound neighbors who need assistance from the food pantry are receiving home deliveries. This home delivery service will be expanded.
Volunteers are also encouraged to volunteer on other days throughout the month. If you are unable to volunteer in person, please consider donating food or money.
As part of the Democratic Party's continuing commitment to community service, we have established Democratic Party Volunteer Days at the Crystal Lake Food Pantry.
Pantry hours on Saturdays are 9 am to Noon. Please consider signing up for a shift from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm on the second Saturday of the month (or, if you can't stay until noon, then for as long as you can be there).
- Click on the RSVP button to let us know you're going to volunteer
- Go to www.clfoodpantry.org
- Scroll down and click on the Volunteer box
- Locate the Volunteer Handbook and familiarize yourself with the operation of the Pantry
- Click on SignUp.com to confirm your volunteer date
- When you arrive at the Pantry, check in with the Team Leader
If you have any questions, contact John Labaj at 815-356-8952. Remember, the needs are great, but the rewards are greater.