JOIN US AT THE MCHENRY FIESTA DAYS PARADE!
Candidates are welcome to walk with us.
The parade crew has created a great "Blue Wave" float, so grab your sunscreen and blue shirt and come on out for a great day of fun.
Water bottles will be provided. Please RSVP by filling in the requested information clicking the red 'Send RSVP' button.
**Any Democratic Candidate who would like to walk with us should contact Kristina [email protected]**
For detailed information about parade staging including a map, please visit:
BASIC PARADE STAGING INFORMATION
All participants should be advised of their Division and Position in advance.
Parade Line Up Information: Division: 5 Position: 5
Participants should be dropped off at the corner of Mill St. and Crystal Lake Rd beginning at 11:30 a.m.
Note: Division 5 will line up at the center of the Old Buss Ford/Gravel Lot
We must be in line by 12:30 p.m. for the 1:30 p.m. start. --> PARADE BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 1:30 P.M.
There will be volunteers directing participants to their division. Parking is limited - please carpool.
• The parade will be traveling east on Main Street to Green Street (left on Green) to Pearl Street (right on Pearl) to Riverside Drive (left on Riverside) to Washington Street
• At the end of the parade, if you have walkers that need to meet a parent or guardian or a brief break down of your float, please use Washington Street. All others can continue north on Riverside Drive to McCullom Lake Road to re-enter the city. If you are stopping on Washington, please continue as far west as possible to avoid congestion and overall delay of the parade.
• Children must be picked up by parent or guardian at Washington Street and Court Street
If you have other people's children on your float, it is your responsibility to let their parents know where they are to be picked up.
RULES ON PARADE ROUTE
There will be NO spraying of water, throwing of candy, gum or any kind of articles from floats or cars on the parade route. Walkers adjacent to the floats may pass items out. This is for safety and crowd control. Motorized vehicles are to run at idle only. Emergency vehicles may sound sirens and air horns within reason along the route. Horns may be beeped if wanted.
Drivers of parade vehicles and anyone participating in the parade may not drink alcoholic beverages while in the parade.
The following items are not allowed at Fiesta Days:
- Weapons of Any Kind, Including Fireworks or Explosives of Any Kind
- Illegal or Illicit Substances of Any Kind
- Outside Food or Drinks (Including Alcohol)
- Coolers of Any Kind
- Large Backpacks
- Glass Containers and Metal Aerosol Cans, Including Sunscreen in Aerosol Cans
- Skateboards, Scooters or Personal Motorized Vehicles
- Bicycles Inside Festival Grounds
- Pets (Except Service Dogs)
July 22, 2018 at 12:30pm - 3:30pm